This Agreement (the "Agreement") governs your use of the services offered by Virginia Professional Services, LLC, a Virginia limited liability company (hereinafter "Company")
REGISTERED AGENT SERVICES
1. CONDITIONS. This Agreement will not take effect, and you may not refer to Company as your registered agent or file any paperwork or documentation naming Company as registered agent, until you accept this Agreement and pay all required fees as set forth on the web site.
2. SCOPE OF SERVICES. You are hiring Company solely to act as registered agent for you in the Commonwealth of Virginia, for the purposes set forth in §13.1-634 of the Virginia Code. You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is not for legal services or representation and that no attorney-client relationship is formed by this Agreement. You also agree not to use the Company address as your "principal office address" without Company's prior written approval. Company agrees to act as your registered agent, and to accept official mail and process of service (as defined and described in §13.1-634) on your behalf, for the period of time that you select and pay for on the Web site (the "Term"). You are not authorized to have normal business mail, including but not limited to IRS or other taxing authority documents, monthly bills, or personal mail, delivered to us. During the term, Company will forward all complying correspondence and process of service to you at the address specified by you when you sign up for the service, or at such address as you may designate in writing from time to time. In the event that your mailing address is located outside the United State, we shall forward documents to you via email only. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company may receive certain mail addressed to you, including but not limited to credit card applications, commercial solicitations, and the like, all of which would typically be considered junk mail. You agree that Company is not obligated to forward, and will not forward, such junk mail or other mail that does not comply with the foregoing requirements to you.
3. YOUR DUTIES. You agree to keep Company advised of your correct current postal address, email address, and telephone number at all times so that Company may contact you and to accept all mail and other deliveries promptly from Company. You are also responsible for properly registering your company with Virginia, including but not limited to providing the correct application, supporting documents, and fees required by Virginia. You hereby acknowledge that failure to comply with the foregoing may cause you harm and, further, agree to indemnify and defend Company from any and all liability for any harm that may arise because of your failure.
4. FEE. You agree to pay the fees set forth on the Web site for the services and duration that you select, in advance. The fee is fully earned upon payment and not subject to refund except in the limited situation as set forth in paragraph 5 below. In the event that your check is returned as unpaid for any reason, you agree to pay a bounced check fee of $35 plus the amount of the check.
5. DISCHARGE AND WITHDRAWAL. You may discharge Company at any time and change registered agents by notifying Company in writing, however no refund will be provided for such discharge. Company may resign as registered agent upon termination of this Agreement, upon a breach of this Agreement, or upon your failure to pay any amounts due under this Agreement, without further notice to you. Additionally, Company may withdraw upon written notice to you, for any or no reason, and if for no good cause Company agrees to refund you an amount equal to 1/12 of the Fee multiplied by the number of months remaining from the date of resignation until the date of expiration or date for renewal of this Agreement.
6. RENEWAL. This Agreement may be renewed upon mutual agreement of the parties and by payment by you of the then current annual fee. In the event that there is not mutual agreement to renew by the due date for renewal, this agreement will automatically terminate and Company will submit a Statement of Resignation to the State Corporation Commission.
7. MISCELLANEOUS. Any change to this Agreement shall not be valid unless it is in writing and signed or accepted by both parties. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without reference to its choice of law provisions. Any dispute under this Agreement will be heard exclusively in the Courts of the County of Henrico, Virginia, or the federal courts with jurisdiction over said county, and both parties hereto irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of said Courts.
8. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE. Your submission of our online order form and completion of the transaction with Company signifies your electronic signature on this Agreement.
The following terms apply to use of this website:
This website, www.VaRegisteredAgent.com, is owned by Virginia Professional Services, LLC, a Virginia limited liability company. The information contained within this website is for general informational purposes and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The law changes and we do not warrant that the content herein is current or that it is applicable to your situation or any situation. Your use of this website or communications via email or other method with us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Virginia Professional Services, LLC is not a law firm. A signed registered agent agreement and payment of the applicable fee is required before you may refer to us as your registered agent.
We provide this website without any warranty, express, implied, or statutory, and your use of the site indicates your agreement that we are not responsible for the content of this website or any technical or other problems associated with this website. There may be links established between this website, VARegisteredAgent.com, and other sites on the Internet which are not under the control of, or maintained by, us. Such links do not necessarily constitute an endorsement by us of those sites. We undertake no obligation to monitor such sites and your use of our website indicates your agreement that we are not responsible for the content of those third-party websites or any technical or other problems associated with any such third-party sites, links or usage.
We may changes these terms and conditions at any time so you should check this page frequently. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions on this page at the time of your use.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please contact us.
What Personally Identifiable Information does VPS collect?
What are “cookies” and how does VPS use them?
Data collection devices, such as “cookies,” are used to store, and sometimes track, information about you. Generally, these cookies help provide personalized services and promote trust and safety. A cookie is a small file containing a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and placed on your computer’s hard drive to assist us in providing our services. Cookies are only read by the server that placed them and are unable to execute any code or virus. Most cookies are “session cookies,” and are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if you wish and if your browser permits, although this may cause your ability to access or view all or some of the pages on the Site to be limited. What are IP Addresses and how does VPS use them? When your web browser requests a web page from another computer on the Internet, such as VARegisteredAgent.com, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer's "IP address." (IP stands for "Internet protocol.") For many users accessing the Internet, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We record the IP Addresses that access our Sites along with related information such as your browser type and operating system. This information helps us, in part, learn about the geographical distribution of our website visitors and the technology they use to access our site so that we can improve our Sites.
How does VPS use my information?
We use your information in order to process your credit card payments, to fulfill your orders and/or requests, to make any required filings on your behalf with the Virginia State Corporation Commission, to facilitate your viewing of our Sites, to communicate with you, and to provide you with information about VPS. We also use this information to compile broad demographic and Site usage information about our users in general that does not contain anything that could be used to identify you personally. VPS uses your e-mail address to contact you when necessary. Personal information collected on and/or through the Sites is stored and processed in the United States and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country to the United States. We also may use your personal information to manage and monitor your account with us; communicate with you via email; resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity; and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
Who is collecting information?
When you are using the Site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with VPS. If you post a comment on our blog on the Site, the information you disclose in the comment will be publicly available. Please be advised that Web sites that have links on our Site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those Web sites linked to our Sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
With whom does VPS share my information?
Generally, VPS will not disclose your personally identifiable information unless we have your permission or under certain circumstances, such as those described below.
Third Party Data & Data in the Aggregate: Aggregate data (data gathered across all users) may be gathered in a non-personally identifiable form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas and services of the Site. We use third party measurement software from Google Analytics to gather and compile aggregated website usage information. Google Analytics does not collect, track or have any access to personal information received at the Site. However, no personal information that could be used to identify you personally is disclosed in that situation.
Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments, sending e-mail, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Business Transaction: VPS reserves the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from visitors, or that we otherwise collect concerning or in connection with the Site, to a third party in the event of a sale or other transfer of assets or of any portion of our business. In the event VPS enters a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred.
We may disclose account information where we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the law, VPS’ Terms of Service Agreement, or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) VPS’ rights or property, other Site users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. VPS may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our services.
We cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. We use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, however, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
You do not have to disclose personally identifiable information to view the Sites. If you choose to order service from us, you will need to disclose certain information as specified above. If you decide to post a comment to our blog on the Site then other Users will see such information. VPS will send you email upon your order of services from us and may send you administrative and other emails from time to time.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Whenever VPS handles your personal information, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with the relevant Terms of Service Agreement and this Policy. We use procedural and mechanical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot, therefore, warrant or ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How are children’s privacy protected?
Children under the age of 18 are not authorized to use the Site and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. We do not collect or share personal information about users under the age of 18 with third parties.
Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to us through the use of our Contact page, which can be found here.
This Policy is the sole authorized statement of VPS’ practices with respect to the collection of personally identifiable information and the usage of such information. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise shall have no legal effect, are in no way binding upon VPS, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.