Virginia Business Documents
After you have formed a company with the Virginia State Corporation Commission (VSCC), you will need to draft Virginia business documents to help maintain your company. Some of these documents can help establish your business structure, including how to resolve any internal disputes. Other critical documents can help you obtain a business bank account or certify a member’s ownership of a company.
Below we’ll go over some of the key business documents your LLC or corporation should have. If you’re a client, you can access professionally-drafted Virginia business documents instantly through your secure online account.
Not a client? When you hire us to form your Virginia business, you get templates for these documents for free, along with immediate access to a library of state forms.
Virginia LLC Business Documents
Here are some of the critical business documents that you can draft to establish the management structure and identity of your Virginia LLC:
- LLC operating agreement. An operating agreement can ensure that your company has a defined sense of structure by outlining the rules and regulations for how the company will operate. This can include financial information, management structure, and record-keeping. Primarily, the purpose of an operating agreement is to align the business operation with business ownership’s vision.
- LLC initial resolutions. LLC initial resolutions document actions taken between the formation of your company and the adoption of internal governing documents (for instance, the operating agreement or member capital contributions). This serves as a written record of votes taken by the members to authorize specific business actions.
- LLC membership certificates. Membership certificates specify each LLC member’s respective ownership interest in the organization. If you are an owner (known as a “member”) of an LLC, then you have a financial investment in the organization. The membership certificate verifies the extent of that investment—in other words, how much of the company you own.
Our clients get instant access to attorney-drafted copies of these critical LLC documents, along with free use of our business address, free limited mail forwarding, and the infrastructure to develop your professional business identity.
Virginia Corporation Business Documents
Some key Virginia corporation documents include:
- Corporate bylaws. Corporate bylaws are a required legal document in Virginia that dictates the corporation’s internal management structure, hiring processes, and several other key aspects of running a company. This internal document is comparable to an LLC operating agreement (operating agreements are highly recommended, not required—corporate bylaws are required).
- Corporate resolutions. A corporate resolution (or “board resolution”) is a written legal document recording a decision made by the board of directors on behalf of the corporation. It is yet another vital business document for recordkeeping.
- Corporate stock certificates. A corporate stock certificate is the physical proof of a shareholder’s ownership in a company. These certificates are basically a written document confirming the issuance of stocks to an owner.
We include templates for all of the above corporate documents free of charge to all of our clients through their secure online portal. That’s also where you can request further services such as having us file your DBA name for $100 plus state fees. Everything centralized, easy-to-use, and readily accessible to you.
Get Virginia Business Documents Instantly
Virginia business owners can end up paying a law firm or attorney way too much money to draft internal business documents. Either that or entrepreneurs are stuck cobbling together their Virginia business documents after skimming a handful of websites.
Don’t waste your time and money. When you hire us, you have immediate access to our attorney-drafted Virginia business documents. You’ll save hundreds of dollars and weeks of time by having us handle everything for you, and you can also streamline the backend of your business through your secure online portal, including access to a database of state forms and several additional services from filing amendments to DBA names.
Virginia Registered Agent Services
Located in the capital of Virginia, we can capably act as your registered agent today