Changing Registered Agents

Are you changing registered agents for your corporation or limited liability company? Well, thanks for choosing us!

To change your registered agent, a “Statement of Change of Registered Agent and Registered Office” form must be filed with the State Corporation Commission. This can be done through the State Corporation Commission’s online eFile system or you can handle this through the mail by requesting a Change of Registered Agent Statement from the State Corporation Commission.

Upon your request, we are happy to file the online Statement on your behalf for you at no extra charge (although you would need to send us your business entity PIN that was issued to your company by the State Corporation Commission in order to make the change on your behalf). Just send us an email requesting that we do so for you with your PIN and we’ll take care of it. Or, you can visit the eFile system and file it yourself. Our address and other information for the online form are below. You’ll need to create an account with the State Corporation Commission first.

If you prefer to handle the change by mail, the proper request form can be obtained here on the SCC web site. The SCC will send the form to you at no charge and there is no filing fee for changing your registered agent.

Once you receive the form (usually takes 7-10 days from when you request it), you’ll be asked for the following information:

  • Name of registered agent
  • Address of registered office
  • Status of registered agent (on the Virginia form, it’s a check box): Check #2 – a domestic or foreign stock or nonstock corporation, limited liability company or registered limited liability partnership authorized to transact business in Virginia.
  • County of physical location

When using our service, be sure to list our name and address exactly as it’s provided to you upon signing up for our service. That’s it.  Once the State Corporation Commission has processed your paperwork, they’ll send us a confirmation of the change in registered agent and we’ll forward it to you for your records.

If you have any questions about this process or would like us to order the Statement of Change for you, please contact us via telephone at 804.290.4330 or via email.

Learn more at our Virginia Registered Agent FAQs or hire us today—just choose “Yes” when asked “Are You Changing Registered Agents?”and we’ll take care of the rest.